Cancer care in Smyrna, Tennessee
At TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center, you have access to advanced options for cancer care and resources, such as support groups, to help you through the treatment process. Our oncology team in Rutherford County also partners with Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute to offer additional resources to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
For a free physician referral or more information, call TriStar MedLine® at (800) 242-5662.
Our physicians provide quality cancer care and support. As a patient at our hospital, you will have access to:
- State-of-the-art technology for cancer diagnosis
- Clinical trials through the Sarah Cannon Research Institute
- Minimally invasive options for cancer surgery
- Rehabilitation services tailored to your needs
- Treatment options across Middle Tennessee, including advanced intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and chemotherapy
Cancer types we treat
Our expert oncologists provide treatment for a wide range of cancers, including:
- Bone cancer
- Brain cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal (colon) cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
Your oncologist will create a personalized treatment plan based on your individual diagnose and goals.
In addition to the newest minimally invasive procedures and innovative, research-based approaches, we offer the benefits of all major treatment methods. This includes:
Chemotherapy is a drug that kills cancer cells. Chemotherapy can be given intravenously, but it is available in many other forms, such as:
Chemotherapy may be used on its own to treat cancer. Your oncologist may also recommend a wider treatment plan that includes surgery and/or radiation therapy.
Minimally invasive cancer surgery
Our surgical suites offer patients the most advanced procedures available, including:
- Laser surgery (surgery using light beams instead of traditional tools, such as scalpels)
- Microscopic surgery (surgery performed on very small structures)
- Video-guided surgery
Our hospital offers several forms of radiation therapy, including:
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (using photon and proton beams to precisely target cancer cells)
- Brachytherapy (placing radioactive material inside the body to treat cancer)
Physical therapy for lymphedema
Lymphedema is a condition in which fluid collects in tissues, causing swelling. It is a risk factor for patients undergoing any type of cancer treatment affecting the flow of lymph through the lymph nodes. To help manage these symptoms, you may work with physical therapists specially trained in lymphedema management.
Treatment and therapy for lymphedema may include:
- Compression bandaging (wrapping with foam and short stretch bandaging to decrease swelling)
- Compression garments (special clothes to improve the flow of lymph fluid)
- Manual drainage (a gentle skin moving technique to increase lymphatic activity)
- Skin care (e.g., keeping the affected limb dry and taking extra care to avoid skin irritation)
- Therapeutic exercises (to promote muscle pumping and decrease swelling)
Our breast cancer support group
Support groups give people affected by cancer an opportunity to meet and discuss ways to cope with a diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. We host a free, monthly breast cancer support group at our hospital in Smyrna. Patients, survivors and family members are invited to join us the second Tuesday of every month from 5:30pm to 6:30pm in the TriStar StoneCrest Classroom. A member of our Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute team attends and leads the group.
Other cancer support groups in Middle Tennessee
Patients of TriStar Health hospitals have access to a wide range of cancer support groups. These meetings take place in cities throughout the Greater Nashville area. You can find groups welcoming all patients and survivors. Groups tailored to people with specific types of cancer are also available.
Appointments at our hospital
TriStar StoneCrest is in Smyrna, Tennessee, near the intersection of Interstate 24 and Sam Ridley Parkway. Our address is:
200 StoneCrest Blvd.
Smyrna, TN 37167
You can find parking in the lots outside the hospital's entrance and by the emergency room (ER). The main admitting area is on the first floor, just inside the front entrance.
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and all calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (615) 514-2401 or chat online at askSARAHnow.
Oncology at TriStar Health
Oncology refers to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Oncology treatments may include chemotherapy, radiation, medication or surgery. Oncologists can specialize in one of three fields of oncology: medical, radiation or surgery.Learn about Oncology